Bumper packed issue of Explorations in Media Ecology (18.1&2) is now available
Bumper packed issue of Explorations in Media Ecology (18.1&2) is now available!
For more information about the issue, click here >> https://www.intellectbooks.
Aims & Scope
Explorations in Media Ecology, the journal of the Media Ecology Association, accepts submissions that extend our understanding of media (defined in the broadest possible terms), that apply media ecological approaches, and/or that advance media ecology as a field of inquiry. As a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary publication, EME welcomes contributions embracing diverse theoretical, philosophical and methodological approaches to the study of media and processes of mediation.
The ecology of communities in schools, businesses, societies and ecosystems
JEFFREY W. BLOOM
Communication as travel: The genre of letters to the dead in public media
Reading the grand palimpsest of mixed reality
Explorations in the noosphere: Hermeneutic presence and hostility in cyberspace
The pre-modern self in post-modern times: The rhetoric of privacy in the work of Walter J. Ong, S.J.
PAUL DE PALMA
Awareness, involvement and detachment: Understanding McLuhan’s notions of the subliminal, Narcissus narcosis, figure/ground and the anti-environment
ROBERT K. LOGAN
- Utopia Is Creepy: And Other Provocations, Nicholas Carr (2016)
- The Glass Cage: How Our Computers Are Changing Us, Nicholas Carr (2015)
- The Glass Cage: Automation and Us, Nicholas Carr (2014)
- The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains, Nicholas Carr (2010)
- The Big Switch; Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google, Nicholas Carr (2008)
- Does IT Matter?: Information Technology and the Corrosion of Competitive Advantage, Nicholas G. Carr (2004)
- Transforming McLuhan: Cultural, Critical, and Postmodern Perspectives, Paul Grosswiler (2010)
- Old New Media: From Oral to Virtual Environments, Paul Grosswiler (2013)
- Sources of Significance: Worldly Rejuvenation and Neo-Stoic Heroism, Corey Anton (2010)
- Digination: Identity, Organization, and Public Life in the Age of Small Digital Devices and Big Digital Domains, Robert C. MacDougall (2014)
- Fake News in Real Context, Paul Levinson (2017)
- The Future of the Library: From Electric Media to Digital Media, Robert K. Logan and Marshall McLuhan (2016)