At Intellect, we are aware of the urgent global action required to keep temperatures below the two-degree threshold outlined by the Paris Agreement, and we are committed to developing, enacting and promoting sustainable practices in order to reduce our impact on climate change. We are a signatory of the SDG Publishers Compact, focusing on reducing inequalities, responsible consumption and production, and climate action. We are kicking off this Decade of Action by assessing our carbon footprint, within scopes 1, 2 and 3, in order to set realistic goals on the path to significantly lowering our greenhouse gas emissions.
We are committed to shining a spotlight on the resourceful and vital research our authors and editors are conducting on the topics of sustainability and climate change. Please see some of the titles that we offer on this subject below.
• Upcoming JEM Special Issue: ‘Indigenous Voices on Climate Emergencies’
• Green Documentary: Environmental Documentary in the Twenty-First Century by Helen Hughes
• People and Places of Nature and Culture by Rod Giblett
• Far Field: Digital Culture, Climate Change, and the Poles edited by Andrea Polli and Jane D. Marsching
• Sustainability, Participation and Culture in Communication edited by Jan Servaes