Publish Your Journal
Why publish with Intellect?At Intellect we strive to preserve the author’s authentic voice and provide an unbiased platform for debate. We have a well-earned reputation for our excellence in design, innovation and corporate integrity.
For you, this means access to a publisher that is dedicated to expressing your ideas and insights in an undiluted fashion, to as wide an audience as possible.
A publisher’s role – the way we see it
Intellect is one of a small community of independent international publishers dedicated to collaborating with authors and editors to add value and visibility to their research and ideas.
To achieve success on your behalf, we provide:
- Experience: over 30 years’ academic publishing expertise.
- Partnership: close author–publisher cooperation, in all aspects of the publication.
- Quality: high production values throughout design, copy-editing, typesetting and printing.
- Communication: direct and open dialogue with Intellect, every step of the way.
- Strong values: corporate integrity, honesty and optimism, and a democratic and transparent in-house approach to consideration of new titles.
- Community: a large and well-connected community of authors, editors and readers.
- Distribution: a prestigious network of international distribution partners, including The University of Chicago Press, plus digital expertise in a range of eBook platforms and formats.
- Sales: international sales teams around the world, with a focus on emerging markets throughout the Far East and Australasia.
- Innovation: we monitor our industry closely and adapt to change so we stay one step ahead.
- Environmental sustainability: we’re committed to responsible publishing methods, and continuously monitor and look to reduce our impact on the environment.
‘Intellect’s openness, and willingness to discuss and develop
What do we publish?Intellect’s titles are multidisciplinary and international in scope, and typically promote ideas and insights from the visual and performing arts, media and communication studies, cultural studies and film studies.
That said, there are no strict boundaries to what we publish. We simply aim to give authors the chance to publish groundbreaking work in emerging or unexplored subject areas and are always open to new ideas and genre-defying material that’s affiliated with our core subject areas.
Here are just some of the subjects our products have taken to a wider audience:
Animation | Architecture | Area Studies
Arts & Communities | Arts Education
Comics | Communication Studies | Crime
Curatorial Studies | Dance | Design
Disability Studies | Drama Therapy | Fandom Studies | Fashion
Film Studies | Gaming Studies | Gay and Lesbian Studies
Gender & Sexuality | Illustration | Journalism | Media Ecology
Music| Music Education | New Media | Performance Studies
Photography | Popular Culture | Screenwriting
Sound Studies | Science & Art | Television Studies
Theatre | Urban Culture | Visual Arts
Continuously widening our scopeWe’re always looking to add to the list of subjects we promote, and for new and exciting ideas to publish.
If you think your work might be suitable for the Intellect portfolio, please submit a book or journal proposal.
Publish your article
Our journals welcome contributions throughout the year and full submission details can be found on each journal’s webpage. Please read and follow the journal’s Aims & Scope, Notes for Contributors and Call for Papers before you submit, and ensure you are aware of Intellect’s house style. All articles submitted should be original work and must not be under consideration by other publications. Publication is subject to peer review. We look forward to hearing from you!
Publish your journalWe seek editors with the passion, knowledge and commitment needed to lead a journal from strength to strength. Our most successful editors encourage and inspire their community to submit articles, conduct peer reviews and help in the day-to-day running of the journal.
If you’d like to guest-edit one of our existing journals, download a Guest Editor form here [link to download guest editor form]
Propose a journal
To propose an entirely new journal for Intellect’s portfolio, download a Journal Proposal form here [link to download Journal Proposal Form]