The Future of Humanity (Second Edition) (Book)
From Global Civilization to Great Civilization (Second Edition)
Additional Prefaces from Theodore Jay Gordon, Hazel Henderson, Randeep Sudan, and new original material added in each chapter. Considers impact of Covid-19 and influence beyond health and hygiene, impacting economic, social and geopolitical affairs, and the need for humankind change many established behaviour patterns, including lifestyle, working practices and diet.
Zhouying JIN is a senior researcher and professor at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS); founder and former director of the Center for Technology Innovation and Strategy Studies of CASS; president and founder of the Beijing Academy of Soft Technology; Chair of China Chapter of World Future Society (WFS), Chair of China Node of millennium project (MP). She is listed by the Global Foresight Professionals as the only Chinese mainland futurist (http://www.globalforesight.org) and listed by Ross Dawson as the world’s top female futurist (http://rossdawson.com).
Theodore Jay Gordon
1. Deep Concern over the Direction of Technology Development
2. The Crisis in Human Civilization Driven by the Theory of Scientific and Technological Omnipotence
3. What Is Technology?
4. What Kind of Civilization Should Human Beings Pursue?
5. The Difficult Task of Creating a Global Civilization
6. Can Humans Eventually Create a Great Civilization?
7. Integrate the Values of Global Civilization into the Practice of Sustainable Development—The Example of China
8. The Responsibility of Our Generation
Notes on the Author