Beijing Film Academy 2018 (Book)
The annual Beijing Film Academy Yearbook showcases the best academic debates, discussions and research, as previously published in the highly prestigious Journal of Beijing Film Academy. This volume brings together selected articles, appearing for the first time in English, bridging the gap in cross-cultural research in cinema and media studies.
The annual Beijing Film Academy Yearbook showcases the best academic debates, discussions and research from the previous year, as previously published in the highly prestigious Journal of Beijing Film Academy. This volume brings together specially selected articles, appearing for the first time in English, in order to bridge the gap in cross-cultural research in cinema and media studies.
The book is the latest in the Intellect China Library series to produce work by Chinese scholars that have not previously been available to English language academia. Covering the subjects of film studies, visual arts, performing arts, media and cultural studies, the series aims to foster intellectual debate and to promote closer cross-cultural intellectual exchanges by introducing important works of Chinese scholarship to readers.
The Journal of Beijing Film Academy was first published in 1984. It is edited by the staff of the Department of Film Studies at the Beijing Film Academy and is highly respected for showcasing the foremost research in Chinese cinema and film education
Notes on Translation
1. Turing Limitations into Style: An Interview with Qiao Liang, Director of Crested Ibis – Wang Yao
2. The 'Regional Flavours' of Hong Kong Cinema in the Post-Integration Era – Zhao Weifang
3. Changes in Contemporary Chinese Film Aesthetics – Wu Guanping
4. A Cultural Study of Stardom in 1920s China – Li Zhenlin and Cheng Gong
5. Ways of Seeing and Physical Governance: On the Reconstruction of Reception Aesthetics by Virtual Reality Technology – Yi Yuxiao
6. Moxi: A Study of Narrative Structures in Early Chinese Cinema – Wan Chuanfa
7. Cinematic Innovation: Networked Living in Sci-Fi Film Narratives – Huang Mingfen
8. A Panel Discussion on Several Key Problems Facing the Development of Art Theory as an Academic Discipline in China – Wu Guanping
9. The Modified and the Excluded: On the Logic of Bodily Transformation in Contemporary Urban Film – Chen Yanjiao
10. Styling the Supernatural: Creative Character Design in Chinese Supernatural Film – An Yan
Notes on Contributors
Advisory and Editorial Board
Notes on Intellect China Library Series