International Journal Of Education Through Art 18.1 is out now! Special Issue
Intellect is pleased to announce that International Journal of Education Through Art 18.1 is out now!
Special Issue: ‘Reconciliation’
For more information about the journal and issue click here>>
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Education Through Art is an English language journal that promotes relationships between art and education. The term ‘art education’ should be taken to include art, craft and design education. Each issue, published three times a year within a single volume, consists of peer-reviewed articles mainly in the form of research reports and critical essays, but may also include exhibition reviews and visual essays.
Particular emphasis is placed on articles, visual essays and reviews that
- Critically reflect on the relationship between education and art
- Propose original ways of rethinking the status of education and art education
- Address the role of teaching and learning in either formal or informal educational contexts and alongside issues of age, gender and social background
- Adopt an open and inventive interpretation of research-based analysis
- Promote and experiment with visual/textual forms of representing art education activities, issues and research
The journal is interdisciplinary in its reflection of teaching and learning contexts and also in its representation of artistic approaches and practices. It provides a platform for those who wish to question and evaluate the ways in which art education is practiced, disseminated and interpreted across a diverse range of educational contexts.
SHERI R. KLEIN
DAIRAI DARLINGTON DZIWA, LOUISE POSTMA AND LOUISEMARIÉ COMBRINK
JENNIFER BERGMARK AND STEPHANIE H. DANKER
ADAM WAHIDA AND MUHAMMAD HENDRA HIMAWAN