Studies in Musical Theatre 15.2 is out now!
Intellect is pleased to announce that Studies in Musical Theatre 15.2 is out now!
For more information about the journal and issue click here>>
Aims and Scope
Studies in Musical Theatre is a peer-reviewed journal and the first academic periodical in this area. We would like to invite contributions that explore any aspect of the musical on-stage or on-screen. For example:
- music theatre and musical theatre;
- archival and production research;
- narratives of the musical stage ;
- historiographical perspectives;
- musicological and dramaturgical approaches;
- performance and performance practice;
- approaches to training and the industry;
- the fusion of words and music;
- the use of music and song within ‘straight’ theatre;
- paralinguistics and rhetorical expression;
- negotiating the art/entertainment divide;
- the academic study of musical theatre.
The journal also welcomes contributions from recognized practitioners in the field, which may include writers, directors, MDs, performers, coaches, etc.
ELIZABETH WOLLMAN AND JESSICA STERNFELD
AMANDA J. NELSON AND RICHARD MASTERS
DOMINIC MCHUGH AND HANNAH ROBBINS
KARA ANNE GARDNER
PETER C. KUNZE